Sunday, January 24, 2010

My Reviews



I am looking forward to this fortune becoming reality; I wish it didn't include the "may".

Friday we went to Olivar, because it is directly across from the Harvard Exit - based on this one experience, location is the best reason to go to Olivar. The roasted quail, the cassoulet and the Brussels sprouts with duck confit were all good - but given what they were, they should have all been better than good. It is very affordable though, including the wine list, so I won't tell you not to go.

The film was better than good. Tom Ford has crafted a debut with as much attention to detail and beautiful execution as you'd find in a pair of loafers from his eponymous label. Despite the fact that the film's purpose is to follow the protagonist through a despair-ridden day in his life, the at-times-almost-precious production design makes you want to jump through the screen and inhabit his world, make it your own and live better in it. It is enjoyable and harrowing at once; and ultimately worth it.

1 comment:

AT said...

I went to a wedding this weekend. I think that experience qualifies for your fortune. Come on out here - I will make your wishes come true.