Tuesday, March 8, 2011

photo (2)
Rothko.
photo (1)
Newman. Yes, this is my standing-next-to-important-"my-kid-could-have-painted-that"-art pose. Note strategic placement of newspaper; it makes all the difference.
photo (3)
A whole section of a floor in MoMA was dedicated to architecture and design; this poster advertised a series of urban-planning exhibitions in Stuttgart in the 20s. Out of that incubator arose the international-style Weisenhoff neighborhood that I visited last year in Stuttgart, which was begun in 1927.

3 comments:

DeHan said...

Thanks for posting the Stuttgart one! I also enjoyed our visit to that neighborhood and after that took several people there. How Fun!

DeHan said...

Aidan said that neighborhood has inspired him to be an architect.

Sabari folk said...

I like your standing next to important art pose.