Wednesday, December 30, 2009

More Germany

I haven't had a lot of time to post the last few days, so I am just putting up a few highlights now. I will fill in the gaps later.

Jaime and I drove to Munich yesterday. It felt just right cranking the BMW up toward 100 and cruising into Bavaria on the autobahn.

IMG_1356

We had a meal at a hofbrau in Munich, because we felt that we should an authentic Bavarian meal in Bavaria.

IMG_1357

IMG_1343

Stuttgart:

IMG_1330

IMG_1296

IMG_1265

We went to the Weissenhof development today, which was planned as a showcase of early modernist architecture. It was organized by Le Corbusier in 1927 and features an apartment block by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe and homes by many other internationally-known modernists. It was one of the highlights of the trip for me and I think Jaime, Anne and Aidan sincerely enjoyed it as well. The picture on top is of the Le Corbusier duplex.

IMG_1412

IMG_1401

IMG_1384

IMG_1375

IMG_1410

No comments: