Tuesday, May 25, 2010

New Soles



If you aren't into sartorial matters, cobblery, etc., please quickly skip over this post. However, I know at least a few of my occasional readers will find this of interest.

tCL officially endorses Broadway Shoe Repair - I just got my first resole of some Brunos this weekend and used these guys for the first time.

To compare, I typically take my shoes to Nordstrom, just for the convenience factor and trusting their judgment to choose a good cobbler. They do a fine job, but it takes about a week or two and the soles that come back on them are unidentified.

After reading some good reviews, I tried Broadway Shoe Repair, in the Broadway Market. There was one old crusty dude working when I arrived. He took my shoes, my first name, and said "ok, do you want them today?"

Shocked, I said "uh, is that possible?"

He said, "yeah, between 4:30 and 5." It was 1:00.

Right on. I picked them up on time, the job was well done and they had replaced the soles with precisely the brand of soles that came on the shoes originally. $55 plus tax (basically, same price as Nordstrom).

Bravo, BSR.

No comments: