Sunday, August 24, 2008

Birthday Weekend
































Jaime bought 14.5 pounds of various meats for my birthday. At the time, I think we had 13 RSVPs. That exemplified a theme of this year's celebration - excess. She prepared everything herself (except the excellent carrot cake) - lamb souvlaki, shrimp and chorizo skewers, skirt steak with chimichurri sauce, grilled chipotle hot wings, potatoes with goat cheese...

Other features of the evening included RW trivia, hosted by Dawn. Trivia included my first car and which year I took my earrings out. We ended the night by walking over to the tiki bar across the street for some karaoke.

4 comments:

Sabari folk said...

I think you have karaoke in your veins...Linda loves it too!

Sabari folk said...

I think you have karaoke in your veins...Linda loves it too!

DeHan said...

How about name your worst haircut? I could have won that trivia question.

Sarah Rinnah said...

you forgot to mention that there was a dance off ...
i think i recall a specific fellow winning, or perhaps falling and therefore claiming victory.
he was out of hand.
it was a sight indeed.
ahhh a celebration of your birth, merely two days after mine, yet some years prior.
and its just about that time of year again.